Wednesday 9 January 2008

First Monday

Every first Monday of the month, there is an occasionally brilliant tune session in what is my opinion the finest pub in Hull, the Black Boy, on the High Street. This month was a notably good one, as relatively few musos turned up, and the main benefit of that is that there is less, ahem, variation in the notes played.



Some devilishly strong brew from local brewery Tom Woods was slipping down very well and making the playing very fluid



It was, of course, an excuse to do some out-of-house drinking, and I rather enjoyed putting away 10 units, which gave me a pounding headache during an early morning gym session the following morning.



There were quite a few punters in, who seems genuinely appreciative of the scratching and banging, but as usual, the hollering went down best for the two songs that were permitted.

2 comments:

Lorcan said...

save me a seat, order me a pint of scrumpy, leave me about an foot of elbow room...
see thee one of these days...
lor

Pippa King said...

Hi Greg - photos looks great, like the blog.

Will link your blog and to this post from the Hessle Ceilidh band site which is at:
http://hessleceilidhband.wordpress.com/

The (mad) Raving Maes are at:

http://www.myspace.com/ravingmaes

and you should be able to find my blog without much hassle!
See you soon :)