Sunday 6 January 2008

Bas Cuisine

The problem with being probably the best chef in the world is finding anyone to acknowledge that blindingly obvious fact.

I broke my alco-fast this afternoon, and went and took a glass of ale with Oakley, and very agreeable it was too. I was so overcome with wellbeing on the way home that I slipped under the descending shutter door of the local supermarche and beat the 4 o'clock Sunday curfew, and rapidly heaved five quid's worth of steak mince and a plastic sack of spuds into the basket.



I hit the cooker immediately on my return home, having located it (brilliance can be dulled by over-familiarity) and made the wonderful repast pictured here. I apologize for the culinary Tourettes, I often write rude words in my creations, but the cheddar glaze hid the profanity from a hungry family, and it was dispatched with undue speed, with the critics saving their spleen for the post-supper critique that confirmed that Dunn Towers was not being awarded a third Michelin star by the inmates. Bastards.

1 comment:

Lorcan said...

My latest creation... take one acorn squash, (not sure they are available in thy neck of the woods) cut in half, fill with smoked oysters, chipped cedder cheeze, chopped onions, butter, green olives, mushrooms top with parmisean cheeze... back for about an hour.

yum